Sunday 3 March 2013

My lovely little weekend away...

Theres nothing worse than that Monday morning feeling...and even worse when you've had a lovely weekend away to show you how awesome weekends can be! I may have mentioned before that my boyfriend and I celebrated our one year anniversary earlier in the week. We didn't do much on the day apart from going for a drink where we went on our first date. We did meet each other there though so it was a little romantic, and I still got the same butterfly feelings some 365 days earlier :-) We had planned a night away in Manchester as a treat and I managed to get us an amazing hotel through group on. I'm not the biggest fan of modern hotels so the stone pillars, high ceilings and stain glass windows meant I was in my element at the Palace hotel on Oxford road. After a spot of shopping on Saturday we headed back to our room armed with a bottle of wine so Stew could watch the rugby and I could have a long, hot bath- heaven :-) We got ready and at 8pm used our free drink voucher (yes another win!) before sitting down for some amazing fillet steak and you guessed it...more wine! Its a good job we had that free breakfast in the morning to ease our poorly heads and we were up and out early to meet my bro and visit the art gallery.










 
 
I haven't been to an art gallery in years and Manchester Art Gallery was definitely worth the wait, even when you first enter you are greeted with stairs full of daffodils and different routes to explore. One of the first paintings I saw was to be by Raqib Shaw who would turn out to my favourite artist of the day. His work was unlike anything I had ever seen before, it was genuinely stunning to look at with bright colours, graphite, acrylic, enamel, glitter and rhinestones. I was so inspired Ive even found a design I'm going to try and give it the Raqib Shaw treatment (will keep you updated with that!)
 



 


 
 
I really would recommend going to Manchester, its a great balance of culture and shopping so you get the best of both. Try going to a pub called Bank not far from the art gallery. Very friendly and amazing food :-)
 
Happy reading,
 
Grace xx


No comments:

Post a Comment