Sunday 24 March 2013

A Vintage Affair...

It is no secret I am fan of all things vintage and I have been lucky enough to go to two vintage fairs in the last month. There are so many stalls full of jewellery, clothes, crockery and home ware- not to mention singers and dancers providing entertainment. For only £1 admission the atmosphere is fantastic and bustling with a variety of people. I really would recommend going to one if a fair pops up if your area, they are great for something different in your home. Below are a few of my favourite vintage pieces...

Vinyl decal bird cages
 
 
Vintage frame with one of my favourite pictures of my Dad

Love jewellery stands stacked with loads of necklaces... more the better. My top tip is to put plaques and signs on there too for a great effect.
 
 
Picked up this cute washing-up liquid apron from a vintage fair for £3- never seen anything like this before!

Metal shirt clips add a twist to any boring shirt, even used them on my spring mac. Bought from a vintage fair for £2.


 Most recently I have really got into making my own handmade cards. Not always the most vintage designs but its nice to make them personal for each occasion. Here a few of my first designs ready to be personalised...







 
 
What I love about vintage items is that anything goes. Any colours, any designs, my rule is I will only buy it if I have never seen anything like it before or if its something that I think is really clever (like the washing-up liquid apron). There are lots of homemade items out there these days it really doesn't have to cost a lot to make your house a little different.
 
Keep posted for my next blog on some vintage Easter treats :-)
 
 
Love,
 
Grace xx

No comments:

Post a Comment